Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars, after



Well, as I'd hoped, The Hurt Locker beat out Avatar. And Kathryn Bigelow won out over her ex-husband James Cameron for Best Director. Incidentally, this is the first time in the history of the Oscars that a woman has won that honor.

And Sandra Bullock won for Best Actress for her role in The Blind Side. Coincidentally, she also won an award for worst actress at this year's Razzies for the film All About Steve. And she accepted that award on stage Saturday. What a great sense of humor.

Jeff Bridges won for Best Actor. I didn't see all of the movie Crazy heart, but I liked what I did see. And he sang all his own music in the film; it wasn't dubbed by someone else. They also did that in the movie Walk The Line, about Johnny Cash. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon both sang their own songs, and she won the Oscar for Best Actress that year. Love that movie.


1 comment:

  1. Well I, for one, am thrilled with how things ended up this year. I haven't watched most of the show yet (it's on DVR), but I must say that without a doubt my favorite moment has to be the tribute to John Hughes. Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...What did YOU think of it, Dave?

    ReplyDelete