Thursday, March 18, 2010

Be on the look out for...


It is almost time for some of my favorite movies to come out on Bluray: The Lord of the Rings trilogy. They are being released on April 6th. These fantastic movies were a huge hit all over the world when they were released theatrically at Christmas in 2001, 2002, and 2003.

When they were released on DVD, they first came out in their theatrical versions. later, they were released in their Director's Cut versions. At the time, there was some concern that the studio was 'double-dipping', meaning getting double the money from consumers that would buy the first, then the second sets.

For me personally, I did not think this was the case. As most were aware at the time, the studio announced that they were going to release these movies in both version, separately and months apart. So I knew what to expect. It did not stop from buying both sets, though. I bought the first and enjoyed them for several months. When the Director's Cut versions came out, I bought them as well. I then gave my original set to my mother.

The Bluray sets are being released in the same way. I will most certainly do the same thing with these, too. As good as the DVDs looked, the Blurays will blow them away, speaking technically. And if anyone reading this would like my set of DVDs, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. ME ME ME! I will take them off of your hands! ps - can I PLEASE give out this blog address? Gretchen's husband, Geoff, has a blog, too, which I will send to you. See, EVERYONE has a blog. :)

    ReplyDelete