Thursday, August 19, 2010

Salt

I recently watched this Angelina Jolie action movie. It tells the story of an undercover CIA agent who is outed as a possible deep cover Russian spy. Her fellow CIA pals are played by Liev Schreiber and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

The film starts with her incarceration by the North Koreans, who believe her to be an American spy. She is tortured for 2 years, and then traded back to the Americans. The action starts soon after.

While I liked the film for the most part, there were a few aspects that I didn't. The flashbacks with her fiancé - husband, I don't think they really helped the film. He was a fairly minor character, and I didn't care about him at all.

Also, fairly early in the film I figured out the main plot, which is always a discouraging thing. I hate when that happens.

And some of the 'stunts' in the film were just plain impossible for a normal person to have pulled off.

It was originally supposed to be Tom Cruise in the lead role. But as they waited for him to sign, they thought Angelina might also fit, and she got it. Go figure.

All in all, a decent flick. Probably not one I will see again. But they did set it up for a possible sequel.
-

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I'm not a huge fan of Angie's, except for that movie she did with Antonio Banderas, "Original Sin" (but, then, that was all about Antonio as far as I was concerned). Can't say I'm interested in this movie. Your thoughts make me think I am right. But I do appreciate your insight. Instead, I will hold out for "Eclipse". Have you seen that yet?

    ReplyDelete