Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Avatar

It's been quite a while since my last post. Hopefully I won't have to say that again.

I recently watched 'Avatar' on Bluray. Wow!. What a difference it is watching it on Bluray, as opposed to other formats. While I'm still not fan of the green-tree hugging-anti-military theme, the visuals are astounding.

I finally have an  understanding of why it took James Cameron so long to finally feel he could make the movie the way he saw it in his head. The animation, (I had to keep reminding myself that this is mostly an animated movie) is amazing. It's so life-like, the characters seem real. Especially the scenes where Jake and Neytiri are flying; the colors and lighting are really something.

If you can keep your negative feelings for this movie, (of which I have several) out of the way, you will probably enjoy this technological wonder. I may even have to retry it in 3D when it is re-released later this year.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting insight, although I still have to admit that I have pretty much no interest in seeing it. I still think the special effects from "Star Wars" were amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete